B.1.1 Read the following sentences. And write ‘T’ for true and ‘F’ for false statements:
- Lomov is a neighbor of the Stepanovnas. ‘T’
- He wrote the morning coat to attend a party. ‘F’
- Mr Choobookov becomes angry to know Lomow’s desire. ‘F’
- Lomow is a man of nervous temperament. ‘T’
- Natalia is a quiet and pace loving lady. ‘F‘
- The ownership of Ox-meadows is disputed. ‘F’
B.1.2. Answer the following questions briefly. (A marriage proposal Q&A)
- 1) How is Lomov greeted by Choobookov?
- Answer- Choobookov greeted Lomov very warmly.
- 2) How does Choobookov react when he comes to know that Lomov wants to marry Natalia?
- Answer- He becomes very happy. He hugs and kisses him. When he comes to know it.
- 3) Why does Lomov think that he is a critical age?
- Answer- Because he thirty-five years old. It is called a critical age.
- 4) Why does Lomov feel nervous before proposing to Natalia?
- Answer- He feels nervous because he had got a heart condition, an awful temper, and always terribly aroused.
- 5) Why is Natalia afraid that all her hay may rot?
- Answer- A day before it rained so hard that she could not do anything to save the hay.
- 6) What, according to her, is the real worth of Ox-meadows?
- Answer- According to her the real worth of Ox-meadow is about three hundred rubles.
- 7) Who, according to Lomov, had let the meadows and to whom?
- Answer- According to Lomov, his aunt’s grandmother lent the meadows to Natalia’s paternal great-grandfather’s peasants.
B.2.1 Read the following sentences. And write ‘T’ for true and ‘F’ for false statements:
- Choobookov supports Lomov’s claim over Ox-meadows. ‘F’
- His peasants used the land for forty years. ‘T’
- It is Natalia who threatens to take the matter to court. ‘F’
- She does not use abusive language for Lomov. ‘F’
- She feels delighted to have behaved decently with Lomov. ‘T’ (A marriage proposal Q&A)