Use of would is significant.
To make our pitch inherently more engaging and persuasive. In other words, before composing ourselves to interact with others. We must be armed with suitable elements of the language. One of the compelling elements is the use of would. Your way of expressing or revealing the thoughts becomes your identity. Thus, the interaction would not be superficial. It depends on your pitch. Hence, the first impression is the last impression, comes to mind.
Therefore, it becomes lucid to understand the all elements of the word would. Thus, we will learn each elements usage respectively.
Use to refer the future time from the past point of view.
- He said he would meet him tomorrow.
- I thought I would cancel my next day’s program.
- They realized there would be a problem.
- Students realized it would not be easy to pass the exam.
- He called to inform me he would not join the party.
Refer to an intention from the past point of view.
- He promised he would always care for her.
- They said that they would come.
- Johan informed me that he would come later.
- He announced that he would not attend the party.
- Ramesh told that he would not share any information.
Refer to a situation that you can imagine happening.
- I would hate to miss the movie.
- He would join the party but he was in another city.
- They would come if they could.
- I would join the office if I was not tired.
- She would come but she is busy.
For polite request offer.
- Would you like me to come with you?
- Would you like some coffee?
Past simple of will.
- He would not come today.
- I would not send him an email.
- They would agree on it.
- Johan would not watch the news.
To express the past repeated/ habitual events.
- I would play cricket in childhood.
- He would not attend the night shift.
- They would go to school.
- We would listen to the news on the radio.
- We would hand out with friends.
- He would be 30 years old.
- The person whose sound I heard. He would be Alex.
- It is too cold, it would be -1 degree temperature.
- The girl talking loudly on the phone, she would be Rupa.
- We didn’t inform her. She would be angry.
- If I were you, I would not say so.
- If he were a prime minister, he would serve the nation well.